Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian housing organization. The work of Habitat for Humanity is driven by the desire to give tangible expression to God’s love through the work of eliminating poverty housing.
Habitat for Humanity partners with individuals of all faiths, or no faith. Habitat provides an opportunity for people to put their faith into action and to bring diverse groups of people together to build homes and community.
Churches, temples, mosques and coalitions of diverse faith groups partner to provide support to Habitat for Humanity’s local and global mission each year by contributing volunteers and financial resources.
Congregations of all sizes can partner with Habitat for Humanity in a variety of ways –
Support Habitat financially
- Make regular donations to LaPorte County Habitat for Humanity or collect special Habitat for Humanity offerings.
- Provide in-kind goods and services.
- Raise funds to build all or part of a house.
- Donate new or gently used items to our ReStore.
- Build strength and unity within your congregation as you work toward the common goal of helping others.
- Organize volunteers for a house that your congregation helps fund.
- Serve on a local Habitat committee for family selection, family support, fundraising or special events.
Engage your community
- Continue to be a pro-active voice for those in need.
- Host speakers on housing issues to raise awareness of the need for decent housing.
- Make the commitment to become advocates for housing.
- For the work of Habitat.
- For the safety of our volunteers on the job site.
- For our Habitat partner families, our staff, and our donors.
If you would like more information about building on faith with LaPorte County Habitat for Humanity, call (219) 814-4985.